Archive | Procrastination RSS feed for this section
Mornings have seen a massive traffic increase on local roads. The congestion coincided with the start of the school year. A neighbor explained it’s because of parents driving their kids to school. Upon reflection, this is way more plausible than my pet theory – that the extra drivers are all psychoanalysts, back from August vacation.
Oh man. I’ve been lying low, mostly owing to intense media scrutiny over my alleged affair with Kristen Stewart. Sorry to disappoint any tabloid hacks looking for a sound bite, but I will neither confirm nor deny the affair.
Oh man. Tomorrow is Father’s Day. I propose a Hallmark truce. Let’s call a year’s moratorium on all holidays designed to make thoughtless people (namely: me) look bad. I guess that’s basically just Mother’s Day, Father’s Day and Valentine’s Day. We can check back in a year and see if there’s a popular outcry for the holidays’ restoration.
Did you know the Social Security Administration tabulates data for the most popular names given to twins? People have a tendency to get cutesy with twins, as though the right names might clinch that audition for the Doublemint gum commercial.
I freakin love baby names because new parents are super-sensitive, and everyone else is hyper-opinionated. It’s a perfect recipe for hurt feelings and resentment. The only thing people enjoy criticizing more than your baby name selection is your wedding.
Oh man. I’m feeling old. It’s not for the usual reasons, like when I start to sit and I pinch my pants at the knees and give them a little hike. Or when my wife (nine years my junior) catches me using a word like mimeograph when I mean Xerox.
- “They Call Me Mr. Tibbs” November 11, 2011
- The Panda Mom’s Manifesto January 6, 2012
- Due Dads March 2, 2012
- Please Be Kind And Rewind May 11, 2012
- Dog Days July 6, 2012
- Postcards From The Hedge April 18, 2013
- Pop Quiz April 12, 2013
- The Joke’s On Me March 29, 2013
- Bible Thumper March 26, 2013
- I Melt With You March 21, 2013
- The Doula Challenge | Not Another Mom: [...] The original post can be found here [...]...
- Patricia: Hysterical blog! Sadly I can relate a little too ...
- mare54: Excellent to get a dad's perspective on this! I ...
- Michele: How did I miss this the first time? I'm laughing...
- Postcards From The Hedge | Daddy Confidential: [...] blog was proposing ideas for semi-serious ki...
Search the site
sign up for email updates... only if you wanna