Oh man. I had an epiphany about why old ladies use those clear plastic sofa covers. And it’s not because they live in perpetual fear of excitedly wetting themselves when Publishers Clearing House rings their doorbell.
Oh man. Did anyone see today’s New York Times Travel section? Michelle Higgins wrote a front page feature, Are We There Yet?, which promises “expert tips on how to manage the madness” of air travel with children. Somehow the article manages to be less instructive than the Ice Cube movie of the same name.
Oh man. So you know how you’re supposed to sing your baby to sleep? That’s great and all. But what song are you supposed to sing? And who has any songs memorized anymore anyway? I faced this very conundrum when Fox was born over a year ago. Rockabye Baby wasn’t an option, on account of […]
Oh man, we always knew Ernie & Bert were hardcore. But I never imagined their foot soldiers would threaten me over a perceived slight. I don’t think my previous post was too harsh on Sesame Street. But just so there’s no bad blood and no ambiguity: Ernie & Bert are the originators – the old […]
Were it not for Sesame Street, we would all be much bigger assholes. Where else would we have learned about cooperation, near and far, or the letter B? But they’ve lost their way a bit in attempting to stay current. Kids don’t need to be current. Kids have no idea what year it is. Sesame […]
Once in awhile, a product comes along that is so well designed, so perfectly suited to its purpose, yet so simple in its execution, that the world sits up and takes notice. That product, is Astroglide. But since this blog is ostensibly about fatherhood, I will focus instead on Boogie Wipes®.
- “They Call Me Mr. Tibbs” November 11, 2011
- The Panda Mom’s Manifesto January 6, 2012
- Due Dads March 2, 2012
- Please Be Kind And Rewind May 11, 2012
- Dog Days July 6, 2012
- My Son No Longer Sucks July 9, 2013
- Scout’s Honor? June 13, 2013
- Postcards From The Hedge April 18, 2013
- Pop Quiz April 12, 2013
- The Joke’s On Me March 29, 2013
- Aaron Katz: Shoshanna, Have you ever read what the prominen...
- Karrie: "Ultradoula" I love it!!...
- mapuana mergel: OMG....good article...fun, witty, and entertaining...
- Daddy Confidential: Aimee, we actually agree about the roles of dads. ...
- aimee: I suppose this post could have been retitled "how...
Search the site
sign up for email updates... only if you wanna