Oh man. I had an epiphany about why old ladies use those clear plastic sofa covers. And it’s not because they live in perpetual fear of excitedly wetting themselves when Publishers Clearing House rings their doorbell.
Tag Archives | children’s music
Oh man. So you know how you’re supposed to sing your baby to sleep? That’s great and all. But what song are you supposed to sing? And who has any songs memorized anymore anyway?
Were it not for Sesame Street, we would all be much bigger assholes. Where else would we have learned about cooperation, near and far, or the letter B? But they’ve lost their way a bit in attempting to stay current. Kids don’t need to be current. Kids have no idea what year it is.
Sesame Street is still mostly a good show, but it started going downhill when two things happened.
Oh man. A friend gave me some Raffi CDs for my son’s enjoyment. For those unfamiliar with the children’s singer/songwriter superstar, Raffi is the musical equivalent of waterboarding. His rhymes come at you so fiercely that he makes Tupac sound like Mother Goose. Sample lyric:
Willoughby wallaby wustin, An elephant sat on Justin. Willoughby wallaby wania, an elephant sat on Tania.
It just doesn’t let up.
- “They Call Me Mr. Tibbs” November 11, 2011
- The Panda Mom’s Manifesto January 6, 2012
- Due Dads March 2, 2012
- Please Be Kind And Rewind May 11, 2012
- Dog Days July 6, 2012
- Postcards From The Hedge April 18, 2013
- Pop Quiz April 12, 2013
- The Joke’s On Me March 29, 2013
- Bible Thumper March 26, 2013
- I Melt With You March 21, 2013
- The Doula Challenge | Not Another Mom: [...] The original post can be found here [...]...
- Patricia: Hysterical blog! Sadly I can relate a little too ...
- mare54: Excellent to get a dad's perspective on this! I ...
- Michele: How did I miss this the first time? I'm laughing...
- Postcards From The Hedge | Daddy Confidential: [...] blog was proposing ideas for semi-serious ki...
Search the site
sign up for email updates... only if you wanna