Oh man. Why is it that women cannot tell jokes? My best guess is that the risqué nature of many jokes has kept them the province of men. But few qualities are as attractive in a chick as the unexpected ability to tell a ripsnorter.
Tag Archives | joke
Did you know the Social Security Administration tabulates data for the most popular names given to twins? People have a tendency to get cutesy with twins, as though the right names might clinch that audition for the Doublemint gum commercial.
The first mohel we contacted – the one we really wanted – rejected us. His name was Dr. Diamond, from New York Magazine’s short list of recommended mohels (motto: Nothing Cuts Like a Diamond). He was described as serving the “metropolitan area,” which I presumed included the metropolis. But when I called him from the maternity ward, Dr. Diamond sounded reluctant to make the drive from Long Island to Tribeca. Harsh.
At 20 months, my son Fox is exhibiting some scandalous baby-talk. No joke: if you point to a wall clock he snappily supplies the word “cock.” We recently bought some pussy willows, the first two syllables of which Fox says flawlessly.
Oh man. People get so snippy on the topic of circumcision. I personally don’t understand why there’s such a big flap. It’s binary after all: your foreskin is either on or off, and it doesn’t particularly matter which.
Oh man. Months ago we got our son a DVD that’s supposed to teach him American Sign Language (ASL). Apparently babies can learn to communicate using sign language well before they can speak. At least that’s the premise of Baby Signing Time, the wildly popular…
The Wife and I have put in place a system for acquiring child-safety products. It is wondrously effective yet so simple that I would be remiss not to share it with you here. We first make a careful assessment of impending household dangers. This often includes receiving a crucial email from a concerned grandparent who has just read a cautionary article about a newly documented hazard, like babies choking on oven mitts.
- “They Call Me Mr. Tibbs” November 11, 2011
- The Panda Mom’s Manifesto January 6, 2012
- Due Dads March 2, 2012
- Please Be Kind And Rewind May 11, 2012
- Dog Days July 6, 2012
- Scout’s Honor? June 13, 2013
- Postcards From The Hedge April 18, 2013
- Pop Quiz April 12, 2013
- The Joke’s On Me March 29, 2013
- Bible Thumper March 26, 2013
- Dads, Fathers, Partners, SO — Keeping Your “Other Half” Connected During Pregnancy & Birth | Simple Support Doula: [...] Hire a doula. A doula doesn’t replace ...
- Michele: Now that I have laughed to the point of birthing t...
- Megan Alton: OMG that guy's thighs are rediculous! Strangely d...
- I challenge you to a Doula - Birth Balance: [...] A funny and insightful article from a dads p...
- Pam Faubus: How do I get a black jelly cat bunny?...
Search the site
sign up for email updates... only if you wanna